Services are the backbone of our systems. They are the pieces that make up our businesses—whether they are literal microservices or functional components of a traditional application, we can’t do the computer thing without services.
When it comes to a service in your company or organization, who’s responsible for it? The cast of characters involved in the lifecycle of a service is more than just software engineers. It can include program managers, product owners, sustainability teams (SREs/operations engineers), and business stakeholders, just to name a few.
Topics covered in this talk include:
– Defining what a service means to you and your organization
– Roles in service ownership
– What are you observing about your service?
– How you want a team to respond to a service outage or incident
– Managing your service in production
– Tuning your service
– Understanding how the service impacts the business